Part 22: Does the U.S. NCP measure up (or Down) to the Activities of Other State NCPs Cont.: The 2011 and 2012 Summary Reports?
The OECD has done a fairly good job of information gathering since the adoption of the MNE Guidelines in 2000. The information can provide a crude basis of comparison of the approach of the US NCP as compared to other state NCPs. It can also alert as to points of significant divergence among NCPs.
Annual Meetings of OECD NCPs. As provided for in the implementation procedures of the MNE Guidelines, the NCPs meet in June each year at OECD Headquarters to share their experiences and to report to the OECD Investment Committee. Each OECD NCP submits its annual report, and together all NCPs discuss activities associated with the Guidelines at a national level. The NCPs also use the occasion to hold consultations with business, labour and NGOs.
Summary reports of the NCP meetings:
2011 2008 2005 2002 2010 2007 2004 2001 2009 2006 2003
Access the annual reports on the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
Every year the OECD also holds a roundtable on corporate responsibility, addressing emerging issues and new developments, in conjunction with the annual meetings of National Contact Points. These are meant to inform the work of the NCPs, though they do not bind any adhering state.
- 2011 - Update of the Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
- 2010 - Updating the Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
- 2009 - Consumer empowerment and responsible business conduct
- 2008 - Employment and Industrial Relations: Promoting Responsible Business Conduct in a Globalising Economy
- 2007 - The OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises and the Financial Sector
- 2006 - Developing a proactive approach to the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
- 2005 - The OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises and the Developing World
- 2004 - Encouraging the Positive Contribution of Business to Environment
- 2003 - Enhancing the Role of Business in the Fight Against Corruption
- 2002 - Supply Chains and the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
- 2001 -Global Instruments for Corporate Responsibility
The 2011 Summary Report marked the first review of the NCP process after the extensive reform of the MNE Guidelines of 2011. The Summary Report is marked both by a certain optimism and by the need to continue to deal with administrative fracture among the NCP organizations.
The 20012 Summary Report of the Chair of the Meeting on the Activities of National Contact Points (21 September 2001)