The call for papers can be accessed HERE and below.
Call for papers
The 13th annual conference of the European China Law Studies Association (ECLS) will take place in Turin (Italy) on 13 – 14 September 2018, with the support of the University of Turin, its Department of Law, and its Department of Humanities.
Since its founding in 2006, ECLS has become a leading international venue for scholars and practitioners who are engaged in the study of Chinese law, including from comparative and interdisciplinary perspectives. The annual general conference provides a unique forum for the exchange of information and ideas, as well as a platform for the development of research collaboration.
While the conference is open to all submissions pertaining to law in China, submissions are particularly invited with regard to the following thematic areas:
01. XIX Party Congress and Party State Constitutionalism;
02. Academic freedom, legal consciousness and activism;
03. Judicial and procedural reforms;
04. Property law;
05. Cultural heritage protection;
06. Civil law codification;
07. Cyber law, Artificial Intelligence, and Industry 4.0;
08. Labour and migration law;
09. Traditional knowledge, science and law in: health, medicine, food and environmental decision-making;
10. International and national (central and local) law-making;
11. Fragmentation of law and legal pluralism;
12. Chinese global trade relationships in the Trump era;
13. Legal language and legal translation;
14. Chinese legal history.
Authors are invited to submit paper abstracts and panel proposals in English before April 30th 2018. Abstracts and proposals should be limited to 300 words for a paper and 1,000 words for a panel. They should include: 1) the title of the paper or panel; 2) name, institution and email address of the author(s); 3) up to three keywords. Acceptance of the paper and the panel proposals will be notified before May 31st 2018.
Selected speakers are expected to produce full papers (which should not exceed 6,000 words) before August 31st 2018.
Abstracts should be submitted using web form. Please note that only members of ECLS can participate as paper presenters in the conference. People who are not yet member of ECLS association should register on the ECLS website (www.ecls.eu/members/membership-application/) and become members before submitting abstract/panel proposals.