That project appears to continue to advance in the form of the 十三届全国人大常委会贯彻落实《中共中央关于建立国务院向全国人大常委会报告国有资产管理情况制度的意见》五年规划（2018－2022) [The Standing Committee of the 13th National People's Congress implements the Five-Year Plan of the Opinions of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China on Establishing the State Council's Report on the Management of State-Owned Assets to the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress (2018-2022)]].
The implementation of the "opinions" is particularly interesting in the context of the US-China trade dispute, which itself is part of the larger Chinese strategy to remake global trade through the Belt and Road Initiative and its associated projects of yuan internationalization and control of raw material supply chains for its domestic production (that itself a crucial element of the development of productive forces at the heart of Chinese domestic policy since the 1980s). A central element of these strategies, and one that serves as a singular source of friction between the American conception of global trade regimes and those of the Chinese, are state owned enterprises. And no just the old Euro style (or worse the Soviet style SOEs), but rather the construction of aggregation of capital that can serve as the projections of state policy turned outward.
These "new era" enterprises are only now assuming a recognizable form, and one that continues the movement of the merger of politics and economics in the furtherance of global trade. To control the SOE is to control a large chunk of the apparatus through which the Chinese State will project its power outward. And it might challenge the control of the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission (SASAC) (cf., here). More importantly, as the document suggests, such control will also provide a means controlling SOEs through the control of the data driven analytics through which they are to be managed. That is a prize with respect to which many organs of the state apparatus will likely spend much time contemplating. In this context the role of the administrative apparatus, and especially the National People's Congress, will determine the collectives that will play a vital role in translating policy and the CPC line to an operational strategy. While the politics of that division of authority is lurking in the background, it is only noted here. Analysis to follow in due course.
The Standing Committee of the 13th National People's Congress implements the Five-Year Plan of the Opinions of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China on Establishing the State Council's Report on the Management of State-owned Assets to the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress (2018-2022)
2019-05-22 12:09 Source: Xinhuanet
Xinhua News Agency, Beijing, May 22nd, the five-year term of the Standing Committee of the 13th National People's Congress is the implementation of the "Opinions of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China on Establishing the State Council's Report on the Management of State-Owned Assets to the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress" (hereinafter referred to as "Opinions") For a five-year period, in order to fully implement the requirements of the "Opinions", we will steadily and orderly advance the report on state-owned assets management and review and supervise the work, enhance the normative and guiding work, and formulate this plan.
First, the overall goal
Guided by Xi Jinping's new era of socialism with Chinese characteristics, he focused on the requirements set out in the "Opinions" and closely followed the goal of "comprehensive regulation, openness and transparency, and strong supervision," proceeding from reality, actively and steadily, classified, and legally. After five years of hard work, we thoroughly explored the national assets of the state-owned assets, clarified the state-owned assets management system and mechanism, established a report and supervision system for the state-owned assets management, and “cleared the accounts” and “reassured accounts” for the state-owned assets. Lay a solid foundation. By 2022, a report system with a full scope, full coverage, clear classification and standardization, and a report and report complement each other will be basically established; it will basically conform to the characteristics of state-owned assets, rely on a networked database, and focus on the evaluation index system. The NPC State-owned Assets Supervision System, which is handled by the Standing Committee's deliberation and handling of accountability, is basically an important mechanism for horizontal cooperation and vertical linkage, smooth and orderly, standardized and efficient.
2. Annual agenda for the report on the management of state-owned assets
According to the "Opinions", the annual report on state-owned assets management adopts a combination of comprehensive reports and special reports, continuously improves the comprehensive report on the state-owned assets management, and coordinates the annual special report. Comprehensive consideration of the four types of state-owned assets management and reform progress, determine the annual special report topics, and clarify the annual agenda of the report on the management of state-owned assets during the term of the NPC Standing Committee.
(1) In the year of 2018-2021, in the written report and review of the State Council's comprehensive report on the management of state-owned assets, a special report will be heard and reviewed. The annual special report will be arranged in the following order:
——Special report on the management of state-owned assets of financial enterprises (2018, completed);
——Special report on the management of state-owned assets in administrative undertakings (2019);
——Special report on the management of state-owned assets (excluding financial enterprises) (2020);
——Special report on the management of state-owned natural resources (assets) (2021).
(2) In 2022, hear a presentation and review the State Council's comprehensive report on the management of state-owned assets.
Third, promote a sound reporting system
Strengthen communication and coordination, and actively promote government departments to continuously standardize and improve the report on state-owned assets management, and improve the quality of reports.
(1) Basic content of the standard report
The special reports on various types of state-owned assets should closely follow the report focus of the "Opinions" and the decision-making arrangements of the Party Central Committee on state-owned assets management and state-owned enterprise reform, echoing the deliberation and supervision of the NPC Standing Committee as determined by the Opinions, reflecting the scale of state-owned assets. , structure, distribution, form of expression, allocation, use, disposal, income, etc.; state the state-owned assets management, including system construction, investment layout, reform progress, performance supervision, value preservation and value-adding, support for social undertaking development and ecological civilization construction, etc. Find out the outstanding problems in the management of state-owned assets, analyze the causes, and put forward specific and feasible arrangements and suggestions for promoting reform and improvement.
(2) Expand the scope of the report
Strengthen research and argumentation, actively and steadily expand the scope of the report, and gradually reserve the government in the construction of land, highways and other infrastructure, construction projects, social security funds (2019), foreign exchange reserves, government investment funds, government and social capital cooperation (PPP) projects. Capital, as well as state-owned assets such as some financial infrastructure (2020), are included in the report, researching and exploring the way in which national defense assets are reported, and gradually increasing the types of state-owned natural resources (assets) included in the report. In conjunction with the NPC Standing Committee's review of the comprehensive report on the management of state-owned assets and the special report on the management of various state-owned assets, by 2022, the reporting scope, classification and standards of various state-owned assets are basically standardized and sound.
(3) Improve the reporting and evaluation index system
1. Study and establish a full-caliber state-owned assets reporting system. According to the annual special report issue arrangement, establish and improve the corresponding category of state-owned assets report as the content of the special report. In 2019, the statement of state-owned assets of financial enterprises was improved, and the statements of state-owned assets of administrative enterprises were submitted. The statements of administrative state-owned assets included administrative state-owned assets and statements of state-owned assets of education, medical care, scientific research, and culture; in 2020, submitted Statement of state-owned assets (excluding financial enterprises) of enterprises; in 2021, submitted statements of state-owned natural resources (assets). Strive to form a relatively complete full-caliber state-owned assets reporting system in 2022.
2. Improve and improve the government's state-owned assets management evaluation index system. The evaluation indicators of state-owned assets (including financial enterprises and non-financial enterprises) mainly include the preservation and appreciation of state-owned capital, the improvement of state-owned capital, the optimization of state-owned capital layout structure, and the state-owned capital service to national strategic goals. The evaluation indicators of administrative and state-owned assets mainly include scientific and standardized allocation, promotion of equalization of basic public services, support for scientific and technological progress, and efficient and efficient use. The evaluation indicators of state-owned natural resources (assets) mainly include protecting the ecological environment and ensuring national security. By 2022, a relatively complete full-caliber evaluation index system will be basically established.
(4) Consolidating the basis of the report
1. Improve the relevant state-owned assets accounting system. Accelerate the reform of the government accounting system, improve the government accounting standards system, unify the accounting caliber, accurately and completely reflect the government assets and scientific evaluation of government operational performance. As soon as possible, the introduction of the accounting system of state-owned assets such as highways and affordable housing will be included in the reporting system of relevant departments.
2. Formulate and improve relevant statistical systems. Accelerate the establishment of a unified, standardized and efficient statistical system for all types of state-owned assets, and ensure that the reports of state-owned assets of governments at all levels and departments are complete, true, reliable and verifiable. According to the needs of evaluation and evaluation, improve the relevant physical statistics system for office buildings, official vehicles, school buildings, hospital beds, equipment and equipment, etc., so that the accounts are consistent.
3. Strengthen the support of state-owned assets reporting. We will implement the reform and implementation of the Party Central Committee, actively promote the preparation of the government's comprehensive financial report and natural resource balance sheet based on the accrual basis, and provide effective support for continuously improving the quality of comprehensive reporting on state-owned assets management.
4. Establish a full-caliber state-owned asset information sharing platform. In accordance with the requirements for the interconnection and intercommunication of relevant departmental units, comprehensively and comprehensively reflecting the basic conditions of all types of state-owned assets allocation, use, disposal and benefits, actively promote the construction of a full-caliber state-owned asset information sharing platform, make full use of modern information technology such as big data, and strengthen analysis. Research to improve the management level of state-owned assets.
Fourth, continue to strengthen the supervision of the National People's Congress
We will closely follow the implementation of the major decision-making arrangements of the Party Central Committee, actively respond to the major concerns of the people, adhere to legal supervision, correct supervision, innovative methods and methods, implement all-round supervision, and continuously enhance the effectiveness of supervision.
(1) Studying and establishing the national-owned assets supervision and evaluation index system of the National People's Congress
Closely adhering to the deliberation and supervision of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress as stipulated in the Opinions, on the basis of the evaluation index system of state-owned assets management, research and establish an evaluation index system that reflects the nature, function and supervision characteristics of different types of state-owned assets, and prominently implement the Party Central Committee. Decision-making and deployment, management of state-owned assets in accordance with the law, and the people's sense of satisfaction and satisfaction. Taking into account economic and social benefits, value management and physical management, comprehensive, objective, scientific and accurate assessment of state-owned assets management.
(2) Establishing an effective connection mechanism with the budget final review and supervision
1. Adapt to the requirements of state-owned assets management report and supervision work, improve general public budget final accounts, government fund budget final accounts, department budget final accounts preparation and review, research and improve final accounts report statements, and expand relevant budget final accounts for budgetary investment, government investment funds, government and Social capital cooperation (PPP) and other forms of formation and allocation of state-owned capital and assets.
2. Improve the final accounts of state-owned capital management budgets, speed up the expansion of bids, and gradually incorporate all state-owned capital, including state-owned capital of financial enterprises, and implement the requirements of the Third Plenary Session of the 18th Central Committee of the Communist Party of China on the transfer of state-owned capital income to public finances by 2020. . Standardize the division of state-owned capital operation budget and general public budget income and expenditure, and gradually make the state-owned capital operation budget become the basic platform for strengthening state-owned capital governance, strategic layout, and optimal allocation.
3. In combination with the budget final review and supervision, the research and analysis of the corresponding state-owned assets will be carried out, and the opinions and suggestions on the state-owned assets management supervision will be put forward. In combination with the state-owned asset management report and supervision, the opinions and suggestions on the review and supervision of the relevant budget final accounts will be proposed.
(3) Adhere to the problem orientation and urge rectification and accountability
1. Identify the outstanding issues. In-depth investigation and research, extensively listen to opinions from all sides, comprehensively sort out the suggestions of the NPC deputies' proposals, audit detection, inspection findings and discipline inspection and supervision to deal with the problems reflected in the relevant cases, and study and propose outstanding problems in the management of state-owned assets.
2. Strengthen the research and treatment of deliberation opinions. Review the deliberation opinions of the NPC Standing Committee on the state-owned assets management report, propose a list of classified rectification problems, formulate a rectification timetable, strictly follow the standardization form, and urge the implementation of rectification and accountability requirements.
3. Strengthen follow-up supervision and daily supervision. In the case of major issues raised or reflected by the Standing Committee's deliberation opinions, State Council reports, and supervision investigation reports, and the inability to complete rectification during the reporting period, in accordance with legal procedures, the Standing Committee's working bodies may be organized to carry out follow-up supervision and continuous supervision to promote practical solutions. . Gradually establish a mechanism for the relevant departments of the State Council to regularly report the state-owned assets management to the relevant working bodies of the NPC Standing Committee. The relevant working bodies of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress will report the relevant situation to the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress in a timely manner and notify the relevant special committees.
4. Comprehensively use various statutory supervision methods. According to the needs of supervision work, research and conduct inquiry, investigate, organize specific problem investigations, timely decision-making, etc., and use the statutory supervision method to enhance the effectiveness of supervision. During the current session, special inquiries on the management of state-owned assets can be arranged in a timely manner. At the same time, effectively play the role of special audits in supporting the state-owned assets supervision of the NPC.
(4) Strengthening the work guidance for local people's congresses
1. Promote the establishment of a reporting system at the county level and above. In 2018, 2019, and 2020, the provincial and district-level municipal and county-level local governments will be established to report the state-owned assets management system to the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress.
2. Promote the state-owned assets management information network of the Standing Committee of the People's Congress at all levels. Various types of state-owned asset management information will be incorporated into the NPC budget network supervision system in a planned and step-by-step manner. In 2019, strive to realize the networking of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress and the Standing Committees of the provincial people's congresses; in 2020, the Standing Committee of the Provincial People's Congress and the Standing Committee of the Municipal People's Congress of the districts under its jurisdiction will be networked; in 2022, the municipal people's congress of the district will be realized. The Standing Committee is networked with the Standing Committee of the county-level people's congress under its jurisdiction.
3. Explore the linkage mechanism of the NPC state-owned assets supervision work. According to the outstanding problems found, the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress can organize regular provincial and national people's congress standing committees to carry out special investigations and law enforcement inspections, and also entrust some provincial people's congress standing committees to carry out supervision activities.
4. Summarize useful experiences in a timely manner and guide local exploration and innovation. Strengthen the exchange of work information, and timely summarize and promote local innovative practices and useful experiences. Through symposiums, seminars, training courses, etc., we will jointly study and solve the difficulties and problems that are common in our work.
5. Strengthen the construction of the state-owned assets supervision institutions and talent teams of the NPC. Adapt to the needs of strengthening the state-owned assets supervision function of the NPC, implement the "Opinions" "strengthen the capacity building of the team", improve the state-owned assets supervision work organization of the NPC, and build a professional work team.
V. Promoting the management and supervision of state-owned assets
Adhere to the rule of law in a comprehensive manner and realize the institutionalization and rule of law in the management and supervision of state-owned assets.
(1) Modify and improve relevant laws. Study and revise the supervision law of the Standing Committee of the people's congresses at various levels, amend the rules of procedure of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress, relevant local people's congresses and local people's governments, and other relevant laws, reflect the requirements of the "Opinions", and realize the government's The Standing Committee of the National People's Congress reports on the state-owned assets management and strengthens the legalization of the NPC's state-owned assets supervision function.
(2) Formulate the decision of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress on strengthening the supervision of state-owned assets. On the basis of summarizing the implementation of the reporting system for state-owned assets management, summarizing the innovative practices and useful experiences of the state-owned assets supervision work of the National People's Congress, by 2020, formulate the decision of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress on strengthening the supervision of state-owned assets, and realize the supervision of state-owned assets and Further standardization and institutionalization of the program.
(3) Study and formulate the administrative state-owned assets management law. Implement the five-year legislative planning arrangement of the Standing Committee of the 13th National People's Congress and accelerate the research and demonstration of administrative state-owned assets management legislation.
(4) Organize and conduct feasibility studies on formulating a comprehensive state-owned assets (capital) management law. It summarizes the common principles and common problems in the management and supervision of various state-owned assets (capital), conducts research and demonstration from the aspects of necessity and feasibility, theoretical basis and practical basis, and strives to propose a feasibility study report in 2022.