The UN Independent Expert on Foreign Debt and Human Rights, Juan Pablo Bohoslavsky has just distributed his Newsletter No. 2-2019. Some interesting materials and thoughts. Noteworthy is his call for contributions for the Independent Expert's forthcoming thematic report to the Human Rights Council on private debt and human rights. The Call is still open until 31 July 2019. Any submission from interested governments, civil society organizations, academic, experts, businesses, and other stakeholders would be most welcome. More details on the call for contributions are available at this link.
The Newsletter follows.
Mandate of the Independent Expert on foreign debt and human rights
- Visit to Bolivia (6-15 May 2019)
- Call for contributions – Private debt report (Deadline: 31 July 2019)
- User-friendly version of the report on the impact of austerity on women’s human rights
- Participation in Academic and Policy Events
- Press releases recently issued
- Upcoming participation in events